Sunday 23 April 2017

Hotel Review: Club Quarters, Trafalgar Square


Finding a beautiful hotel located within close proximity to the London Underground is such a prerequisite for me, particularly when staying solo.



As a female blogger living outside of London, safety is a concern and it's ideal to find a hotel within a very short distance to transport links. Often that means a compromise on the quality of hotel but it shouldn't have to be.


I was lucky to find Club Quarters Hotel in Trafalgar Square when researching online for a place to stay for the UK Blog Awards held in Westminster. I was wowed by the online pictures of the hotel and found the close proximity to Charing Cross Tube Station ideal.






The hotel did not disappoint when I arrived, the external is adorned with the most beautiful brightly coloured flowers lining the fence; a welcoming walkway to my stay in London.




A stunning marble lobby awaits as you walk through the revolving door, with beautiful chandeliers visible from the hotel’s Boyds Restaurant.







Boyds, a grill restaurant is one of two restaurants located in the hotel. Unfortunately, I did not get the opportunity to dine in any of the restaurants, though I did enjoy a cup of tea in Boyds; mainly because I wanted to take more pictures of the stunning decor. 








A hassle free check in and a room on a high floor is another bonus when booking a hotel in my eyes. The only struggle I had was operating the lift and opening my room door using my card access - I am blonde after all!


The room was fairly basic in comparison to the grandeur of the lobby and restaurant, though with a queen bed, I was content in spreading myself out like a starfish; making the most of having the bed to myself.




Tea/coffee making facilities, books, an alarm with iPod dock and toiletries were handy little extras to make the hotel stay more comfortable.







I particularly loved the full-length mirror as they’re often lacking in hotels and it enabled me to check I looked ok before I attended the UK Blog Awards.




Though I had been hoping to have a bath in my room so that I could soak my sore feet and try out some of the Lush products I purchased at the Lush Event, I was impressed with the shower and let’s face it, I probably would’ve arrived at the Awards super late if I’d had a bath!



The bed was firm and comfortable, perfect for me and had soft, fluffy pillows. Considering the location of the hotel in a bustling tourist area, I had a fabulous night’s sleep and felt refreshed in the morning.



Talking of location, the hotel is perfectly positioned for trips to the main London attractions, ideal for first-timers dreaming of having tea with the Queen. Positioned on the cusp of Trafalgar Square and The Mall, the hotel is within five minutes walking distance to Buckingham Palace.

St James’s Park is beautiful this time of year with lots of wildlife and extremely tame squirrels if you have a few nuts to share. The National Gallery, London Eye, Big Ben and Houses of Parliament are around a ten-minute walk, therefore it really is the perfect hotel to explore the main sightseeing spots in central London.










I would not hesitate to stay at the Club Quarters, Trafalgar Square again and was pleased to discover the hotel is part of a chain with hotels located in San Francisco and New York, which can only mean I will have to return to these locations to stay in other Club Quarters hotel… 🙂


If like me, you seek a hotel within a safe distance to transport links and are looking for a perfect hotel to explore London, look no further.


If you have any recommendations for future stays in London I’d love to hear from you. I have Guns n Roses and The Killers concerts in the Summer and I’m always on the hunt to stay somewhere new.


Thanks for reading,

Jaz
xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig