Tuesday 13 December 2016

Clinique Beauty Workshop


Clinique is a beauty and skincare brand known worldwide, particularly for their iconic 3-step skin care system, which was the first allergy tested, 100% fragrance-free beauty products ever marketed.






Having previously tried and loved one of their foundations, I have always wanted to try more of their products. Therefore, I was excited when an invitation to attend a Clinique Workshop at Debenhams, located at intu MK popped into my inbox.



I was warmly welcomed by the lovely ladies at Clinique: Gemma, Suzie and Corey, given a glass of bubbles and an array of cakes (not ordinary cakes, M&S no less), whilst waiting for the other bloggers to arrive.



It turned out more bloggers were attending the later workshop, so Monica (Moth Loves) and I took full advantage of the products, tutoring and pampering provided by the Clinique team. In fact, it was a great balance as I was keen to learn more about Clinique products, as my sensitive skin and oily t-zone often make me reluctant to try new brands and Monica was a fully fledged Clinique ambassador, following in her mother's footsteps and using the brand daily.



Before trying out the products it was imperative the Clinique Skin Care Consultants understood our skin type and were aware of any allergies. Prior to the workshop, I was unaware Clinique test every product 12 times on 600 people and if just one has an allergic reaction, they start completely over. The most common cause of the allergic reaction is due to fragrance, which is why the brand are proud to be fully allergy tested and 100% fragrance-free.



In fact, you will notice all Clinique Consultants wear a lab coat with a tape necklace, which evokes the medical and dermatological heritage of the skin care brand. The tape is used to demonstrate how your pores can get clogged if your make-up is not properly removed, your face is not cleansed, toned and moisturised. Thus, where their 3-step skin care routine comes in.



After filling out the customer questionnaire, I discovered my skin type was 3 (combination of dry and oily prone skin), which is one of the most common skin types.


*Photo Taken by PR*


To start, we removed our makeup using ‘Take The Day Off Balm’, which on first appearance seemed to have quite a thick, oily appearance. Applying the balm I realised it wasn't overly greasy, but made my skin feel soft to touch. Using their Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush (which looked like a giant electronic toothbrush...), I was shown by Gemma how to gently massage the brush around my face, whilst the bristles of the brush, deeply cleaned yet softly removed my makeup. The Sonic Cleansing Brush if you haven't used it, has two bristle types, one to target hard to reach contoured areas of the skin (green bristles) with the other softer bristles giving the brush more of massaging motion. Ideal to dislodge impurities in a gentle motion, the brush is also waterproof to enable use in the shower.


A separate Clinique Sonic Cleansing Brush is available for Men (shown below) and with more men taking their skin care routine more seriously, this may be an ideal present for the man in your life!




Skin prepped, I then used the 3-step routine specifically for my skin type, leaving my skin supple, clean and perfectly hydrated.



Luckily for all the late night shoppers, the Clinique ladies were not going to leave us scaring the customers walking around bare-faced without makeup. After priming the skin with the product Hydroblur, consultant Corey found a matching foundation for me in next to no time. Using their Super Balanced Silk Foundation (shade 04), followed by Stay Matte Universal Blotting Powder, Corey transformed my face to the matte look I crave, with great coverage and without the makeup feeling or appearing too heavy.



Suzie then completed the look by adding Nude Pop Lipstick to my lips, a shade I absolutely love. Proceeding to show me how to apply and use the Chubby Stick Contour, I was amazed how easily it could be blended to give definition to sculpt my face without being overbearing.


The Clinique team were friendly and informative, giving us context explaining how the brand has evolved since 1968 and you could see the passion they have for the brand. Suzie recently had the opportunity to travel to New York, where the brand was founded and both her and Gemma, having worked previously for other beauty brands outlined the benefits and dermatological research behind Clinique.


I was kindly gifted with the below products to try at home. I only wish I manage to accomplish the flawless makeup look modelled by Corey!


Have you tried any Clinique products? Those of you who read my Sleigh This Christmas At intu MK post (click here) will know I absolutely love the ‘7 Days Of Clinique Advent Calendar’, which has seven beauty gifts to be opened the week before Christmas. Reduced from £28 down to £19.60 in Debenhams, this set is the ultimate beauty bargain buy.



Thanks very much to the Clinique team at Debenhams intu MK. If you're reading this post and you would like to try any of the products, Clinique has kindly offered my readers:


  • A High Impact Mascara
  • Mini makeup lesson


All you've got to do is mention ‘The Life Of A Social Butterfly Blog’ and the hashtag ‘#CliniqueDebsMK’ to receive the above mascara and makeup lesson.


Not only that with every purchase (while stocks last) you receive a £5 Gift Card, which also comes with a free skin/makeup consultation.

Is Clinique your go-to beauty brand or do you have any product recommendations?

I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks for reading,

Jaz
xoxo




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig